Monday, August 08, 2005

Go Speed Racer

Well, Otis was busy with kinesiology studying, so I took myself down to the Burke-Gilman for another time trial. Once again, I left from the dinosaur, headed northeast, rode until I hit 30 minutes, and then came back until I hit 60 minutes. Total mileage: 17.01, a 1.1 mph increase (7%) from July 1st. It was actually a very pleasant ride, too, even though the trail was pretty crowded. I passed a number of people, and never said "on yer lef'" once! (I have a bell.)

My eBay shows 27 watchers on my motorcycle! Yay! None yet for Otis's ring! Boo! But Otis did have a paying Reiki session today, from a total stranger who found her through the internets. Yay! And someone may want to buy her Wahl 7-way Comfort Electric massager with Heat! Um, yeah.

And speaking of trolls, what do we think of this story? A nice ray of community spirit or meh?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Walter,

Diane, I wish you the best in the next few weeks.

I like the renaming the street after the Troll. Of course I am a nebish...or is that a luftmensch? Anyways, it has the support of the local community, will not cause a load of paperwork or confusion for the people living and working on the street, and it's only $310!

Yesterday I did a time trial on my ride, and in the one hour I was still in the exact same place- nothing gained, nothing lost. Someone asked me if the bikes in class have a speedometer, they don't, yet it would be interesting to see how far I actually do ride.

Hey, did you hear the piece on NPR last night about local news blogs?

Ned said...

Di, I can sympathize! My heart, he goes out to you!

I like Troll Street North, because I like the troll and the name, paperwork be damned! The whole idea of naming a street after a piece of sculpture rocky my world, baby, whatever the real reasons for it actually getting done.

Anonymous said...

You need a better photo of the ring. Specifically the gemstones.

Soapy

Walaka said...

Better than the fourth picture, the cu of the rocks in the sunlight? I checked out the other ads, and it seemed that was the best i coudl do to compete. If we run it again, I'll have you take new pix, Soap.