Sunday, August 28, 2005

Rainy days and sundaes

Manoman, did we get wet today! Otis and I went for a bike ride; the bikes were still on the car from Indy Jon's visit, so we drove down to Freddy's to do the B-G up to LFP. We left about five, had some dinner up at Third Place Books, and then came right back. Not soon enough, it turned out: before we hit Gasworks Park the skies opened up and it just started pouring rain. It was like riding through a car wash for about a mile or more, then it tapered off to something a little more bearable, but it didn't stop. We slogged the bikes on the rack and drove home to discover puddles under all the open windows in the apartment and another one in my scooter helmet, which I had left on the scooter. Whoa, rain!

But, I only have about 250 miles to go for my summer goal, so I'm not going to let a little rain slow me down now.

Otis's skull-holes seem to be of normal size today and she's feeling pretty good.

The Hilo weather updater is gone, but it does not signify. I was just cleaning up some of the graphics and realized i was bored with it. I haven't heard back from HawCC yet.

No comments: