Saturday, August 13, 2005

Greetings from the middle of the Pacific

Hiya, gang! I am sitting in Honolulu Airport, having completed the long leg of my trip to Hilo. Now I have a three-hour layover before the short hop to the Big Island. I guess I could drive there in that much time if these Hawaiian Islands weren't all surrounded by water...

Actually, every once in a while it's nice to find out that there are some things that don't give immediate gratification, that there are still details in this complex worldd that cannot be smoothed over. I think we all forget sometimes how amazing it is that I woke up in Seattle only ten hours or so ago and now I am in Honolulu, with remarkably little muss or fuss. I'll be in Hilo for dinner and that's cool.

BTW, I am posting this on a terminal in the terminal. Five bucks for a little more than half an hour; cheaper than Kinko's, actually. I guess I could have checked to see if there was wi-fi in the airport, but this just looked like fun, and it's nice to be working on a full-size keyboard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Walter,

I wondered what you were up to, then I thought I could just check your blog and find out. I am glad you are enjoying airport terminal amenities in other places.

Yesterday we went to Bon Odori in Seattle, and at one point I listened as a number of friends from Hawaii discussed various foods and places from home. Hope you are enjoying these for them.