Saturday, March 17, 2007

Wrapping it up

So, yesterday went as expected: final classes in the morning and plenty of busy-ness all day. In anticipation of housesitters, Otis and I have been doing all the stuff we should have done already: cleaning things, organizing the shed, re-arranging the pantry, putting things away, and so on. It felt like Spring Cleaning with the weather all sunny and warm; the cats were lounging around the yard (when they weren't scrapping) and we took off the faucet protectors and hooked up the hose. I have this mad idea that when we get back from Hawaii it will be summer in Seattle. Hmm.

Otis had an appointment in the evening and plans to have tea with Kris-10, so I was out and about myself. I went to REI and got a swell day pack; it was just the right size to carry student papers (or comic books), and i got it with a 20% discount and my meager dividend. After this score, I trundled up to cap Hill and met Dingo and Jonbai. We went to the Value Village, where we all made minor scores, and then to Ballet for nummies. It was a swell night.

I will be heading out again today to focus on the big stack of grading I need to do before we leave; I'll still be taking some with (hence the need for the new bag) but it will be easy stuff. And in a little more than twenty-four hours, we're off -- I guess we oughtta pack!

No comments: