Friday, March 09, 2007

Actually, not so much more

So, I didn't post yesterday because I walked into the middle of the Art Show straight from work on a semi-long day. The day itself was pretty straightforward and not too high wattage - this quarter is slipping into oblivion quite nicely, thank you - but when I got home it was in media res. Soapy had been kind enough to come early to keep Otis company while the event kicked off, and he and I staffed the upstairs while Otis mixed and mingled with associates, clients, friends, and a few actual art-walkers this time. I also had cashier duty, and I was pretty busy with that once the night got going, especially since we had a reunion of sorts with both BK and Jimmy the K showing up. Dinnerless Soapy and I barely had time to gobble down some Danish mozzarella pizza!

I suppose I could have posted after the show ended at 9:00 or so, but we had another background event going on. Selkie had left the house at 5:30 am and apparently decided at some point to go on walkabout, because he didn't come home for dinner or even at his usual in-for-the-night time. Otis was full of maternal concern, especially since I had had another close encounter of the raccoon kind that morning, so we made a walk around the neighborhood, just to check. I got her to go to bed, but she couldn't sleep, so neither could I, and at 2:30 am, I got up, went downstairs, opened the door, and there he was, as I had known he would be eventually. Once again, god was in her heaven and all was right with the world and we could slip happily into morning. (BTW, all day Mountie maintained his recently adopted blasè attitude toward everything that isn't Otis.)

Since I've been going on about the cats, here are some recent pictures (although bogging about cats is almost as big a sin as blogging about blogging):



Today is my day off from doing school work (other than my two morning classes), but this weekend I have a bit to do, since I want to get ahead of the curve: the countdown to Maui begins soon! Nevertheless, I think we may be looking to take in matinee on Sunday; Jean Renoir, anyone?

1 comment:

Jon Myers said...

You are SO pwned by those cats!

Join the club!