Thursday, March 22, 2007

Tryin' to beat the rush*

Wow, yesterday was like the best Hawaiian vacation day ever: sunny, clear, and warm, with no rain, just blue skies and blue water: absolutely perfect all day! After our morning webcam appearance, we went to the north side of the bay and snorkeled for a little bit (I play in the beach equivalent of the bunny slope), then came back to our side for some regular sun 'n' surf action. I got all my grading done (yay!) and found a Terry Pratchett book, great beach reading. After lunch, it was just more of the same. Otis was making like a porpoise, and I even did a little body surfing. After dinner, we went out to a little coffee shop and hung out. Almost a prescription for relaxation!


Here's some the webcam excitement you may have missed


Muscle beach Maui


Hang somewhat loose, I guess


To grade no more!


Besides Maui Tacos, we've found that the best restaurant around in our condo: this is tofu-carrot-onion concoction on rice that Otis made Tuesday; last night I made a vegetarian spaghetti bolognese that was just out of this world.


They call her Flipper, Flipper...

And some video goodness:



So, I would say it's all going fine, vacation-wise.

Otherwise:

Thanks to the miracles of wireless telephony and the internets, since I have been here, I have not only managed to finish and submit my grading, but I have found out that I was not selected for an interview for the Developmental English job at Cascadia. A bit of a setback, that. I also can report that I have been offered an interview with Skagit Valley College on Whidbey Island, so yay.

PS: I started this post early this morning but am finishing it just before lunch in Pa'ia, the hippie-surfer town on the n0rth shore. Whatcom College called with what I think is an offer but I haven't called back yet.

3 comments:

"Yojimbo_5" said...

"Yay!" for the Whidbey interview. We'll have to do lunch or something.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I know people are insane....ok I just won't comment here......

Anwyays, glad your vacation is going well!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I finally remembered to check the Napili Sunset webcam at 11am, and I couldn't get it to load. This might be because as Yojimbo said, only 10 people could do it at once. In any case, hope the sun and sand are still treating you well.