Monday, March 19, 2007

Aloha!

Hey! We're here in Hawaii!

No pix yet, although we have already taken some. This is a bit of a dicey wi-fi here at Napili Sunset, and I haven't quite figured out all the angles yet.

Innyway, Saturday turned out be a good day, in terms of getting stuff done. We got all squared away for the trip and I got an even bigger bulk of my grading done that I had planned. All I took with me was the stack of final comic book papers, and those are almost even fun. In between all my working, I got to hear from JustJon and Stella, and had a visit from Dingo, too! Too bad we missed connecting with J-Force before we left.

We got off fine on Sunday. Ms. Matcha and Surfer-T came over and the transition went smoothly (even the installation of T's turbo-charged rice-cooker). Dingo made the airport run with us before heading off to help Johnbai and O move (sorry we missed that, too). The flight left a little late and seemed to take a looong time, but that might have been just the standard squinchiness in the sardine seats.

All systems were go once we landed on Maui - the car rental was smooth, traffic was light, the condo was fine (quaint and low-key but very pleasant), and the only hitch was that we got here ten minutes too late to go to Maui Tacos for dinner. We did take a little sunset walk on the beach before calling it a day.

It has apparently been stormy here the past few days, but today is bright and sunny and perfect. We walked down the beach to have breakfast and reccied the area. Otis is now in the middle of her morning sun 'n' swim session. I was working on the lanai, but have moved out here to the lawn now.

We'll check in again soon, but remember to check the webcam for Napili Sunset at about 11:00 am your time - we'll try to wave!

2 comments:

"Yojimbo_5" said...

Only 10 people can view the web-cam at a time? We're gonna have to organize!

Any chance you can chop that tree in the middle down so we can get a better view?

Anonymous said...

Johnbai and O moved? I am totally out of the loop!

Glad you are down to the easy grading. I am in the post-St Paddy's Day R & R period!