Sunday, March 11, 2007

I hate it when that happens

So, Otis had some early morning clients, and I hied myself over here to the Dirty Bird in Wallingford, where I am dialing in by remote (to quote Mary-Chapin). Y'see, I planned to get bunch of stuff done, responding papers and whatnot, and packed up my gear and Otis's laptop and went out for a working breakfast. Well, I had some potato pancakes and finished all the papers, but then I discovered I had left the whatnot at home. It was all on my little thumb drive, and I left that in my computer after I plugged it in to add some last-minute files. So I couldn't record my grades or update my syllabus draft or write a cover letter for some jobs or do anything else in the whatnot category.

Luckily, I just got a phone call from Stella, who has just finished her St. Paddy's Day Dash and is going to come over an meet me so we can kill some time until Otis is free for lunch and we can go to the matinee.

No comments: