Thursday, March 15, 2007

T minus one

It's almost over: I have two "classes" tomorrow morning, and the regular Winter quarter is over. Of course, there's still all the responding and assessing to do, but I am right on track, all caught up and ready to rock, so we can be off to Aupu'ni Ali'i o Hawai'i.

I am in such good shape because I did get a ton of stuff done yesterday. I headed out to a Tully's (free Wi-Fi!) while Otis was busy, and I majorly plowed through my Antioch stuff. Today I went up to Bothell early and got all the rest of my stuff taken care of before my afternoon class. Of course, the sack will all be refilled by tomorrow, with this afternoon's portfolios and tomorrow's final papers, but I think I will get most of it done before takeoff.

Tonight was filled with preparation of a different sort: Ms. Matcha and Surfer-T came over with Baby Koa for a briefing before they begin their house- and cat-sitting stint while we're gone. We had scrumptious Indian take-away and a delightful evening. Matcha and T bring a kind of yin and yang energy with them, one is peaceful and calm and the other effusive and voluble, something like what I imagine people can feel with Otis and me, only gender-reversed.

Anyway, all systems look green for a successful departure. It's good to have friends.

Surfer-T even brought pix he took at Baby Koa's coming-out party. I thought this image was somehow unreal and yet accurate:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm scared.....Actually that is an unreal yet somehow accurate photo...I think you should use it on your business cards!

"Yojimbo_5" said...

Hm. The new "Eclipso."