Sunday, March 04, 2007

Calling all cars

So, I was out and about yesterday, roaming around while Otis was busy with the mother and clients. As I was driving around, doing my thing, I called J-Force, Dingo, Johnbai, and Soapy, looking for something to do.

J-Force called back but was waiting for tech support and couldn't come out to play (although we talked for a while). I had to leave messages for Dingo and Johnbai, but Soapy answered and we met for a semi-geeky lunch at Northgate. After lunch, I checked my phone: Johnbai had left a return phone message while he was walking and Dingo had called back, too. I returned her call to find her laying low, considering plans that Johnbai had for movie-going that night.

I went to the new(ish) Northgate library to do some grading, only to find that the boss there is my old SPL pal Debi, so I caught up with her instead.

Returning home, Otis and I thought about our evening plans. I called Johnbai back, but got his message. I called Dingo back, but she wasn't in the mood for doing much. Later, Johnbai called back from Dingo's living room, saying that he had some sort of pho poisoning, but still sort of felt like doing something, even though Dingo really still didn't.

Eventually, Otis and I decided to eat Mexican food and spend the night with Little Audrey, Betty Boop, Popeye, Superman, Felix, Dodo, and Tobor, the 8th Man.

What did we do before mobile phones, anyway?

No comments: