Monday, June 19, 2006

Mon day

B2Keenness index = 82.9%

Well, I found out today that Golden Gardens is precisely 10.0 miles from the house - that is, if you bike all the way to the furthest end of the parking lot and make a little circle. That being the case, I didn't quite do the 27 miles I was planning today - not because I was tired, but because I am getting bored with Burke-Gilman and with riding around in circles. I need to find some different routes.

I also decided that I needed a different mileage tracking system, one that actually showed progress rather than scolding (positive reinforcement and all that). So the B2Keno number has been replaced by the B2Keenness index, which should gradually approach 100% as the season continues. (BTW, it does not mean I am 83% finished, of course; it is a measure of being on or off pace.)

:::::::::::::::

This bit is mostly for Ned and Johnbai, I guess:



I got this from a large-print edition of Reader's Digest I was leafing through at Group Health. The sad part is that large-print editions are starting to seem like a good idea...

:::::::::::::::

T'other day, Otis and I were at Value Village when I came across two radio controlled soccer players. Since this is Mundial season and all that, I snatched them up and mailed them off to Just Jon. I guess they were a bit of a hit, because today I received thank-you notes in the mail from Zach and Gethin, illustrated by the boys themselves:





No comments: