Friday, June 23, 2006

Bad boy

B2K = 83.15%

Well, not to much bidness got taken care of yesterday, as I fell victim to the sosh-syndrome.

In the morning, Otis went off to work and I intended to get started on my teacher-tasks as I also took care of household stuff like dishes and laundry. But before that really got underway, Jimbo 5 called, and we whiled away the Clinton-Mukilteo ferry crossing time catching up and making plans. (Jimbo, BTW, has entered the blogosphere and we have a wonderful Father's Day post as a result.

Okay, so once Jimbo was on the road to Microwork in Redmond, I could get down to business, but first I had to have a little lunch and take a bike ride; at least I figured I would drop off some Superman tickets along the way and get that out of the way.

My first stop was Green Lake library, to give MaryBee her ticket. She wasn't working, but JJ was, so we wound up spending a nice lunch hour together in the sun. Then I headed of to Ballard to get a new bike lock from my favorite bike store (and to click up some miles).

On the way back, I stopped at JagGirl's office down at the UW, gave her her ticket, and met everyone that she works with or has ever worked with or passed in the hallway. It's a very friendly office.

So, I finally got home and finished up some chores but didn't have too much time for work before Otis got back, all dog-smelly from her Reiki client. We hosed her down and hurried out to do the once-a-month grocery provisioning, since our cupboards were bare, bare, bare, and then had a quick pasta dinner.

Just as we were about to plan the evening, J-Force called; she was in possession of some DVDs and without company to watch them. Of course, any excuse for a BWS will do; we invited her over immediately, fed her linguine, chattted and stuff, played with the cat we don't have, and then all settled in to watch Flightplan, a Jodie Foster thriller that was actually quite good.

But today - today I will get that work done.

If not, there's tomorrow.

No comments: