Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Teacher boy!


Yeah, that's a student rendition of yours truly from one of my Antiochians tonight; I left the room during small groups and it was there when I came back. My Utilikilt doesn't have a scalloped hem, but otherwise I think the likeness is uncanny.

I'm blogging to you tonight from Remedy Teas up on Cap Hill. Otis picked me up from school after my evening class, so we have made a night of it. That thing she's waving around is a knife with which to butter toast, toast to go with our teas, Blue Hawaiian for Otis and Iron Goddess of Mercy for me.

It has been a terribly busy forty-eight hours since we got back - nine of those actually in class, and the rest, it seems, getting to and from school or prepping. The interval (as I have come to think of the Thursday through Sunday period, since I must maintain an online presence although I don't have classes) promises to be extremely busy as well. I have carved out two sections of playtime: Stella's Rabbie Burns Dinner on Friday night, and the Comixtravaganza at SPL on Saturday afternoon. Aside from those oases of enjoyment, it looks like I will be trekking through the desert of grading, prep, and tenure work from now until I am back in the classroom on Monday afternoon.

Yojimbo called tonight - he was heading up to the Crest to catch some flicks; I couldn't join him or even hook up, since I was teaching.

I got an email tonight from one John Stremikis, who was doing some genealogical research and tripped over an old HKC blog posting about surname frequency. Perhaps we'll hear more of this... could it be the Bummerman of Earth-2?

Gotta go, my evil twin is calling.

4 comments:

Diane said...

Re rendition: a fitting cover illustration for your Tenure Portfolio, what?

Diane

John said...

Walter,
Have you lost weight... you're looking positively skeletal.

BTW, John Stremikis, seems to be a pleasant 62 year old teacher from Wisconsin. Probably no relation, but perhaps some connection dating back to the old country. Oh, and I might be Jewish. How's that for irony.

"Yojimbo_5" said...

Need work on the upper body, t'would seem.

Nice pic of Otis.

WP: cdpqypux -- a jester-like character created by H.P. Lovecraft.

Ned said...

Luf pitcher. I laff.