Monday, January 28, 2008

Irony never pays

So, there I was trying to be snarky with my snow comment in the last post. I get up at 5:43 to let the cats out and it is cold, but only wet. Then I get up at 6:30 for reals and there is a half-inch of white everywhere. Hunh? I check the intarweb and it tells me Cascadia is on late start, opening at 11:00; by the time Otis is up and about around 8:30, they have canceled the whole day. Neepers!

However, as Otis went off to her writing date, NatDog and I drove into campus together anyway. Rather than waste the day, we picked up the stuff we had planned to work on in our offices and brought it home to work on. It's pretty darn silly when you think about it, innit?

And who even knows about tomorrow? Weather Underground is predicting "definite light snow" for the next twelve hours, but then it should turn to rain, so who the heck knows? If I had to pick, I'd guess another late start, but my class isn't until eleven anyway, so no matter.

In the meanwhile, I did get a lot of work done today, sitting in my thermals with the fireplace going. Can't do that on campus.



I'm blogging from 3PB/LFP (and there's no real snow to be seen anywhere). We came up to meet Pater Putnam for dinner because Mater P. is at a working dinner. The picture would have included Otis except she wandered off to look at books.

Today is supposedly National Kilt Day, but I think this website just picks a random day every few weeks and calls it that. I've got the Workman on, of course. Check out the kilt movies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, is it still snowing there? What gives? We had M, T, and today off at EWU--unheard of. THere's so much snow it's scary. Brian's been shoveling for almost 2 hours just to get our driveway access cleared. I've left the house once since Sunday.

Speaking of canibalism . . .