Sunday, January 13, 2008

Out of sorts, sort of

This has been a heckuva weekend, mixing, as it has, work and play with a distressing alternaity. Saturday seemed to slip by almost formlessly in this manner.

The Big Play was heading to Neds's for the gamefest; she's already sung about that, so I will only add that by the time we made a carpool pass through Cap Hill and got home, we went to bed about 3:00 am. Neds is trying to inflict Spanish hours upon us, I think.

The Big Work was nonetheless heading into campus for several hours of prepping and copying, trying to get ducks in rows to be ready for our weekend away coming up. Otis came along and worked on some grading of her own.

On the way home from Bothell, we stopped for a bite of Vietnamese tofu, and all of a sudden I had a blazing headache on top of my cold-ickiness - just as Otis detected the optical signs of the onset of a migraine. So we both spent the afternoon pretty punk, and are just coming out of it now, just in time for the busy week ahead.
So, here are some links:

I am seriously tempted to get one of these to find out where Selkie actually goes when he disappears.

I am also tempted to get one of these for me, but much less seriously.

Here's some homework reading for Johnbai, ScottyTuxedo, and Yojimbo in their current search for truth, justice, and fair use.

This linguistic development is promising - although I can't say I have heard this usage, and I doubt it will catch on, I applaud the very notion.

Finally, in response to Jon of Monmouth's political malaise, I offer this from Will Shetterly, who so often says it better than I.

Oh - and here's a picture Wheylona took way back when, when she was last visiting, and just sent now. It's blogtastic!

3 comments:

Jon Myers said...

First off, where's the hat-tip for alerting you to the ModBook but seriously, was that Shetterly link supposed to help! It was brilliant because it gave me cogent reasons for voting for Clinton, Obama, no-one and any third-oarty candidate who makes it onto the ballot - so now what am I supposed to do?

Walaka said...

I found Will's POV to be the most persuasive, notwithstanding the cogent arguments in the comments.

Oh yeah - you were the one who sent me that mactablet link in the first place! Thanks!

Ned said...

Drats! You have seen through my cunning plan!