Thursday, January 10, 2008

Everybody's working for the Thursday...

So, I think I have a sense of the rhythm of my week: one class on Monday, with a lot of prep; two classes on Tuesday at two campuses, but an easy schedule and time to commute and prep; three classes Wednesday at two campuses, a long day with some prep squeezed in; and then it all breaks out on Thursday: no more classes, just meetings, grading, and on-line work over the next four days.

Only ten weeks left!

I went into campus this morning to get caught up, and took care of errands (like getting my eyeglasses tightened - ?!) on the way home. I worked a little in the afternoon, and then Otis and I went to dinner with neighbor pals Lon & Jules. We headed over to Krittika, a Thai place just down the street - part of the fun of the evening (and it was great fun) was being able to hang out in our own back yard.

When we came home, Otis and I watched Last Life in the Universe, a Japanese-Thai movie about an anal-retentive suicidal expatriate Japanese librarian in Bangkok whose world becomes intertwined with the messy life of a grieving young Thai woman and complicated by a fatal accident, Yakuza conflicts, a jealous boyfriend, and dirty dishes. By turns lyrical, meditative, and frustrating, the film was often enigmatic but always engaging.

Now, let's get this weekend going!

No comments: