Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sleepin' in

Didn't get up until 7:30 today - what decadence! I uploaded my Cascadia grades while the server was slow this morning, so that quarter is officially closed. I can't completely look forward, since I still have my AUS stuff, but I'm whacking at the do-list pretty good (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?).

Yesterday was a long day, while I did that stuff with those people. I was gone a long time. When I got back, Otis had begun re-arranging the main floor for Thursday's show and was messing about with Art. She's really in a productive and creative phase right now, what with her book project and various art projects and her upcoming workshop and her general promotional/marketing activities on top of her bodywork. It's all good, but it's a little messy.

I have been trying to get some real "reading for pleasure" in on this break. I am just finishing Variable Star, the novel that Spider Robinson finished from Robert Heinlein's notes and outline. It's a pretty good approximation of mid-career Heinlein, although I think I preferred John Varley's hommage from a few years back, Red Thunder.

Gonna get some exercise in today (hopefully the start of a new regimen), take care of some errands, and see J-Force later. It's good to be on break, even with a do-list.

No comments: