Thursday, December 13, 2007

Broken, but not bent

It sure felt like break yesterday! After my early-morning blog, Otis and I had some brekkies and took a walk around the Green Lake - bracing! For the rest of the day, we just TCB – Otis did her art stuff and left for a while to run errands, and I cleaned out my file drawer, which felt good, except that I couldn't find a particular document I was looking for.

Some time ago, I ran across in my papers a list of books, written in my handwriting, in blue ink, on an 8-1/2 by 11 inch piece of graph paper. I have no idea when I wrote this list, but it seemed to be a list of books that you would read to figure out the meaning of life. I put it aside, intending to investigate it further at a future date. Well, that future date is now, and I can't find the list in any of my folders of stuff to do or think about. I can't shake the feeling that I will never know the meaning of life because of this. But at least my files are in order.

The evening was crammed full of socializing. Otis came home for a bit and then headed out to her book club. I met J-Force for dinner; having her so nearby makes meeting up easy! When I got home, Johnbai called and told me that he and Yojimbo were entering the coffee-drinking phase of their wild evening, so I hopped on a 66 and met them down at Coffee & Comics, where we had a swell ol’ time, once the Unbelievably Bad-Tempered Woman left the shop (she was nasty, man).

Now, here’s the thread that pulls this post together: during my file-cleaning, I found an artifact that concerns Young(er) Yojimbo! From a little more than fourteen years ago, I believe it might contain the first recorded time he demurred to discuss the “man falling down the stairs” story:

1 comment:

"Yojimbo_5" said...

I'd forgot about that piece. It's a combination of something I wrote, and what the studio's PR flack wrote, and I can tell where what I wrote ends and hers picks up. I know I wrote the last paragraph.

To update: Sandy existed enough to divorce me. Willie had a heart attack, Hank died of cancer, and Fu lived to be 23. Just shows how far you can go with a cantankerous disposition.

And that woman wasn't nasty. There wasn't an ounce of GOOD in her SOUL and she was MAD at the WORLD! Glad she left to spread the joy. Wonder if she's burned the place down yet. "I TOLD you it was UNSAFE!"