Sunday, December 23, 2007

Another day, another coffee shop

This time I am coming to you from World Cup, a coffee shop cum wine bar just down the street a piece here in the RD. Otis is off having day with visiting-from-SF brother, so I came down here to "get some stuff done" and "work on my syllabi." Heh.

Yesterday, Otis had her first-ever creativity workshop, and we'll put this one in the win column; Otis talks about it here. From my perspective, the event included a lot of disarray during the prep phase, so I left the house early to keep from sticking my OCD mitts in where they weren't needed.

I took off and did the cat-sitting thing (which involved actually sitting with a cat, as a matter of fact - we watched some TV together) and then stopped at the lube joint to get some windshield washer fluid, which either (a) they forgot to top off when I got my oil changed yesterday (as I and the manager thought) or (b) all drained out through a leak in less than 24 hours (which the service-guy said had happened). Oh-kay.

After that, I made the incredibly long journey all the way out to the wilds of West Seattle to see Neds. I thought I might be just popping in, but after my tiring trek, we sort of made an outing of it. The rain stopped, so we took a walk along the Lincoln Park beach trail, heading to the south end of the park and past the ferry slip, and to a place called Joe's for lunch (well, I had breakfast, but it was early afternoon, so split the difference). It was a good leg-stretch, after which we spent a bit of a lazy afternoon messing about with computers and telling lies to each other and looking at the great view of the water through the living room windows.

I headed back north and got home in time to take Otis for a celebratory dinner after the workshop. A couple burritos and a few coronas later, we weaved (wove?) our way back home, and the rest of the evening is pretty blurry. I know there was music on, and some comics blogging happened, and some other stuff, and we didn't get to bed until after midnight. Good times!



A Sci Fi Sounds Quiz: Identify sounds from science fiction movies and TV. Yojimbo has already gotten the first three right and he hasn't even clicked the link yet.



Isn't this cool?



Here's the website of Evil Mad Scientist, the guy what done this.

4 comments:

Courtney Putnam said...

I'm a super sci-fi geek! I got 78 points!

nanu-nanu,

Otis

"Yojimbo_5" said...

"Sorry the Quiz is currently off-line."

"Yojimbo_5" said...

93 points--Extreme Sci-Fi Geekitude.


WV: zkovnilq (a suburb of Minsk)

John said...

78 as well. I guess you and I were victims of generational bias Courtney.