Thursday, December 20, 2007

Another new venue





We are coming to you live (at 7:37 PM PDT) from Gula, a bubble tea, espresso, and snack emporium in University Village (the neighborhood, not the shopping center). Lots of outlets and it's open until midnight!

Fall quarter is officially over - all my assessments have been submitted and I have clapped the erasers. Now, on to Winter 2008 - and I'm glad I haven't done too much prep work yet, because it looks like my classes may be changing a bit. The hybrids don't seem to be filling, so I may be back in a F2F class instead. We'll see how that goes.

Besides finishing the assessments today, I didn't get much done of consequence. Otis and I took a walk, and we started get the house ready for her workshop on Saturday, and I had a nice iChat with Wheylona (even though her camera still wasn't working, so I couldn't see her smiling face). I continued to do computer clean-up, turning this machine into my main workstation and relegating the old one to photo album / weather report duty. Jon of Monmouth turned me on to NeoOffice, an OSX-open source software suite that looks to free me from MS Office. I've downloaded it and it seems to be working just swell. And how man words do you know that contain the sequence of letters 00ff?* Yay!

You may notice a new banner in the sidebar there. That site so accurately captures my feelings about this time of year that I felt I needed to highlight it, and here's another link to the Christmas Resistance Movement just for good measure. Join the movement!

In that vein, here's the trailer for Morgan Spurlock's latest, What Would Jesus Buy?:



Happy Holidays!

*Here's a real quiz for ya: what common word contains the letter sequence ookkee?

2 comments:

Scotty Walsh said...

bookkeeper

I learned that one in an Encyclopedia Brown book in 2nd grade.

Scotty

Walaka said...

More proof of the value of reading!