Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Happy Isaac Newton's Birthday!

I'm having tea and listening to the radio; Otis is enjoying a bit of a sleep-in, so I thought I'd jot a quick post.

We've been pretty much occupied with getting the house back into shape since the workshop. We took time out to watch the Night Gallery pilot (courtesy Yojimbo) Sunday night; it brought back fond memories fore me, but Otis is still undecided about the whole thing.

Yesterday was mostly cleaning and shopping and suchlike fussiness before heading off to a Christmas Eve dinner with the Putnam clan at Tamarind Tree. (And you know, those Tamarind Tree Rolls are always the best thing evar.) After dinner, we headed up to Wallingford to catch Sweeney Todd, a perfect holiday season movie. I liked it about as much as I did the stage production (which is to say a little, but not a lot) and thought Burton did a good job of translating the show to the screen (although I thought the character make-up was a little overdone).

Today should be a quiet day; we may join the Cap Hill gang for a meal later, and Stella may be cruising through on her way to and/or from Oregon, but otherwise we have no plans for anything terribly exciting. I hope your day is whatever you would like it to be.

No comments: