Friday, December 28, 2007

It was pretty good

Another day of work and play! I spent the morning at the Kuan Yin Teahouse in Wallingford, ironing out the last details of my syllabi while Otis had an appointment. I came home for some lunchy-leftovers, and then Otis and I walked back to the U district to stop at Half Price Books (Otis is selling off her CDs). We continued on to catch the matinée of The Golden Compass* at the Metro. We both liked it a lot. I don't think it deserves the "half-a-movie" tag that others have given it (and which I gave to the first Lord of the Rings installment); it has a full narrative arc and a satisfactory resolution to the immediate conflict. The action scenes are swell, the CGI is great, and I could even mostly stand Nicole Kidman. Good stuff, Maynard!

After the flick, we came home for dinner and TCB. Another uneventful day - I could get used to these.

Hey, if Soapy gets tired of the bus, maybe he can commute on one of these!

*Aside to Neds: Man, do they ever drive this repositioned title home with a sledgehammer!

1 comment:

ReadyToShelve said...

Hey! It's Mushu! Mushu with... golden antlers of the seven furious winds!

Dude, the bus is the highlight of my weekdays.