Sunday, December 16, 2007

Back in the cafe again

So, Operation Laptop has been successful: I am blogging to you from the Wallingford Tully's, a practice which is becoming common, if not traditional.

Otis has some appointments this morning, so I took a walk through the crisp morning to camp out in the relatively empty spaces here at the cafe. I migrated a bunch of stuff from the ol' desklamp to this new machine last night, so much of the morning has been taken up with organizing files and Getting Things in Order. I have made the decision just to make this my primary computer for work and home business: the old one is becoming the photo scrapbook, quick internet connection, and back-up server. We'll see how it works.

Otis bit the bullet and got her business a new iMac yesterday. She had some legacy money and thought it would be an appropriate investment to make (or she was just envious of my shiny new box). So, we made another trip to the U-book store and geeked out some more last night.

We did take a break to head over to Ballard for the festivities marking Darcerama's birthday. J-Force was there and about a jillion folks from library-land, sharing Thai food and fun.

We made an early night of it since Otis still isn't feeling 100% after her recent sickiness.

Which brings me back to my morning, which, in addition to computing, has included appearances by Trots (who is sitting next to me working on her own MacBook Pro) and Johnbai (who stopped in for a visit on his way to football-watching down the street at Goldie's). I'm expecting a video-call from Otis any time now, and we'll move into the next phase of this groovy Sunday: pho!

3 comments:

Jon Myers said...

Weird - when I look at your blog, I get all the editing icons (like the pencil at the end of the post and the screwdriver and wrench at the bottom of each sidebar item) - huh?

"Yojimbo_5" said...

Me, too. Wassup wizzat?

Walaka said...

Dunno. Must be a Blogger glitch. I'm not even signed in, and I see them, too.