Monday, December 10, 2007

More good news, and some other news

I have completed 75% of my quarter-end work, and the quality is still running high. Good stuff. Now I have to decide if I want to get the rest done in one or two big pushes, or if I want to do just a wee bit each morning for a while.

***
The dishwasher repair guy came by today to check out the Non-Functioning Gear and said that he had never encountered a machine with as many problems at once as the one we had. The repair estimate was close to the cost of a new unit. It was nice to dump this one in the landlord's lap.

***
Otis's bother CE has a dead laptop that has a good logic board. My laptop is dead because the logic board is fried. If we transport his logic board to my laptop, it will live, live, I tell you! I scoped out a DIY site and it's only, like, a hundred-step process with thirty screws involved that requires four different tools, including a "spudger." Yeah, I figure twenty minutes, in and out. Actually, the shop estimated two to four hours, so I think we may need to set a weekend aside.

***
Don't forget Otis's art show this week!

***
I got a thing to do tomorrow with some people, and then I'm going to do it again with some other people in three and a half weeks. Who knows what may come of this?

***
Oh - both cats have successfully used the new cat door on their own with no prompting from us! Eight more times and it's a habit.

***
Otis like her new hat. I think it brings out the green in her eyes:

No comments: