Monday, September 19, 2005

Wha' happened?

Old patterns are returning: I went over to the Starbucks at 3:30 today and was there until 7:00 pm responding papers. I'm still behinder than I ought to be, but I'll get caught up before the quarter proper starts. I'm envious of all the wandering that Wheylona has been doing; I wonder if her posts will slow down when she actually starts working.

The street in front of the apartment is all torn up, down to the subsurface. There's no parking around here for the next week. Otis said that the vibrations from the equipment doing the work were turning the lamp in her office on and off (it's one of those touch-things). I guess it's our turn: they did the five or six block stretch in front of the zoo last month, and they are apparently heading all the way up to Greenwood. In addition to the repaving, we are getting all upgraded curb cuts and bump-outs at the bus stops. But it will be a little miserable until then.

LOTR:TTT was on the broadcast TV last night, and Otis had it on as we were working. I liked it even less on the TV than I did in the theatre; I suppose I just don't get it. (It was still too flippin' long, too.)

5 comments:

wheylona said...

"I wonder if her [Wheylona's] posts will slow down when she actually starts working."

Hell yes! And even more when she manages to get a social life. ;-)

Ned said...

Splutter, sputter, indignant noise re: LOTR:TTT. Heathen!

John said...

Yeah... the only one that sucked was Return of the King.

Jon Myers said...

Nah, the only one that was worth watching was FOTR.

Though it is fun watching all three at one sitting.

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask WTF did LOTR-TTT stand for, and then I got it.....better late than never.....