Sunday, September 11, 2005

Social whirl

First of all, Otis and I saw Batman Begins last night and it rocked!

... and we have been pretty much working since then, Otis with class and me with getting ready for the class I start teaching tomorrow. We did manage a brief peek-in at ToniTonyTone's Soiree - saw Jen Forceful and AWoog there, too! But, to cases:

This Friday: I have reserved a lane at Leilani Lanes in Greenwood for Friday night twilite bowling - you know, the lights and the colored pins and the winning money and all that.

Reserved
means I had to pay in advance for four people ($15 each), so I am hoping that at least two of y'all will show up with Otis and I so I can get my money back (besides all of us having fun, too!). If we get eight people confirmed, we can get two lanes; get me responses quickly enough and I will go ahead and upgrade the reservation.

In any case, if we have a sufficient reservation, we can get there at 9:45 for the 10:00 bowling, and don't have to check in at 8:30 and wait around. I thought we could meet at our place sometime about 8:00 or so for drinks & snacks and hang out there, and then head up to scope out Soapy's new digs (right near Leilani). So, let me know who's in PDQ!

Saturday, November 12: The radio quiz show Says You will be taping two shows at the Museum of History and Industry starting at 10:30. Some of us listen to this show regularly: panelists play a version of dictionary/balderdash (always popular on our game nights) as well as other word and trivia games; it should be a lot of fun to be in the studio.
We can meet at our place beforehand for mimosas and head out to Montlake together!

I have prepurchased six tickets (@ $25) each, knowing that there are four of us confirmed (Me, Otis, ScottFlowers, and Do-or-Di). If you want to be one of the other two in out little grouplet, let me know. If we get more than two more, we can always get more tickets, unless they sell out.

So, talk to y'all soon, and see y'all later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's very likely I would have said yes anyway but since you basically bullied be into it last night, count me in ;')

Jen

Anonymous said...

I'm in for bowling. And I can pay you with an AJAX the next time I see you.

Soapy