Saturday, September 10, 2005

I should get to work...

Well, it's finally clearing up out there. It was so dark this morning - we haven't had the lamps on during breakfast for a long while. Otis is off at class; I have been doing laundry and such and need to get to some class prep, but I am taking a break. What a gray, worky day.

It is nice to have had a real barn-burner last night. The impromptu bad-movie night brought Soapy, Melvin, Sailor Sue, RwT, Johnbai, and Do-or-Di out for soda, beer, corn (pop and kettle, but not baby), "the best cheese nips evar," purple chips and cucumbers, and Otis's find and the group's pick for the night's entertainment, Sgt. Kabukiman, NYPD.

This movie was jaw-droppingly, stupefyingly, eye-burningly, brain-rottingly, unimaginably bad. It was also quite a hoot and we had a great time watching it.

The evening went on long after Kabukiman and Lotus flew off into the chroma-keyed New York skyline. I nearly passed out from laughing so hard at Soapy's tale of protein-powder-stealing mice, and Bummerman made only a cameo appearance. Since the Cap Hill Gang was in attendance, the night went on way late. Cool beans.

We're still planning (I think) on catching Batman Begins at the Crest tonight. I don't want to admit I have started working again.

Now, back to work.

No comments: