Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Let's do stuff!

Moovie nite this Friday (9/30): We're going to see Murderball at the 7:15 pm show at the Crest! This is the one about wheelchair rugby: it looks pretty rockin', especially for three bucks. Late night coffee for afters?

Mile K Celebration on Saturday (10/1): Otis and I are going to take a Burke-Gilman ride on Saturday morning. We should be rolling back into Gas Works Park at about 11:00 am, just as my season odometer is rolling over 1,000 miles (in the great LDL summer riding series). I would love it if anyone wanted to meet us along the trail to cruise the last miles together, or just to be at the park when I get there. I think a celebratory espresso drink (and elevenses) at nearby Essential Baking would be in order. let me know if you want in, or just show up, or communicate on the day via wireless telephony.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to razz you about missing a few of your daily posts.....then I thought about planning 153 classes for this term alone...and decided to skip it.

Murderball was rockin, I may join you and see it again, or if not I'll come for coffee afterwards.

Mile K celebrations sound like a go as well. Quite an inspiration to ride so far, I still haven't made tires onto pavement yet.

Another option for free entertainment this weekend is the Seattle Welsh Choir singing at what in Wales is called a Gymanfa Ganu (guh-man-va gannee).

If you've never heard Welsh hymn singing, I can tell you it is a treat (yes, yes I am a freak- what of it?). There are also many chances for the audience to sing along.....Alex can I buy a vowel?

Anyways, the Welsh singing begins at 2:30pm on Sunday at St Andrew's Episcopal Church, 111 NE 80th St, Seattle (it is close to I-5 tucked in that little neighborhood where the 85th St. bridge goes over the freeway).

There is a Welsh pronounciation lesson just beforehand at 2:15. Tea and nibbles will be served after the singing, and Welsh crafts will be for sale.

This post it way too long. Hotmail isn't working this morning, so I am having virtual communication withdrawals.

Jon Myers said...

10/1 - with you in spirit.

Anonymous said...

Friday night
I have to drive
a load of boxes south
or else my conscience
will most likely
punch me in the mouth

and Saturday
is moving day
a day of breaking free
at long last I
will jettison
unwanted company

and so I must
R.S.V.P.
a negative reply
but someday soon
we'll bowl a frame
or sip a cup of Chai

Soapy

Anonymous said...

Diane wants
to help me move
my many bags of soap
But little does she
realize
they're all strung up with rope

I raise my arm
and this lasso
does twirl above my head
my bola's mean
zestfully clean
and sure to strike you dead

I've no idea
exactly where
that violent theme came from

methinks that all
the vitriol

of Clay and John
did pique my brawn

it suits me fine
must be a sign

of bitterness to come


Soapy

Anonymous said...

Soapy is on a roll.