Monday, June 20, 2005

This is more like it/plus party details

General

Here's
the weather we have been waiting for! Otis and I went up to LFP for Father's Day stuff yesterday, and sitting in the sun in the backyard was sure a treat. Today has dawned clear and lovely and I will be back out on the bike in just a little while, trying to make the streak longer than "one in a row." Today is the last day of my three-day spring-summer break, so I have to make the most of it, right? Maybe I'll even skip doing laundry!

Here's another picture from Solstice. I guess this is what I look like if you say "Look over there" to me during a parade and I say "What? Where?"



Specific

So, here's the lowdown on the Game Night/Wheylona Farewell Party:

Time: This Friday, June 24, at 7:00 pm until the wee small hours
Where: My place, Casa con la Puerta Roja: you know where it is by now, or drop me a line for directions
Comestibles: We will have cheap beer, good pop, leftover champagne, and organic crunchy things; bring anything you want to share or not-share that isn't in these categories.
Featured Attractions:

Jen Forceful has promised an armload of stimulating board(ish) games from which we can choose our poison

A rousing round of Pin the Txapel on the Wheylona! Winner receives a free txapel and an autographed picture of Wheylona!

RSVP with a comment or email, just for fun, or just show up if the spirit moves you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright, so first I have to go the the AGM of the Irish club. If all goes well and it isn't a knock down drag out fight (you know how volunteer groups can be), then I could be to your place by 9 or 10.

Remember: Walter and John Bai on the same team is NOT a good idea. No one told me, and I just don't want to see that one happen again.....Are there any combos I should be warned about?

John said...

I'll be there... and after Walter screwed me over the other day (by first forgetting to phone me when he was on his way to Wendy's and then again by leaving shortly after he told me that he and Steve and Courtney would wait for me to arrive!) there's no way I'd be on the same team as that skunk! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've got a fare the well bonfire for a friend down at Golden Gardens that night after Shabbat...so sorry to miss yet another fun event...but sure do like being invited!
love & hugs,...jeanne rose

wheylona said...

Hey, this sounds cool, too bad I can't make it...

Ha, just kidding!

Of course I will be there and I am honored to be the guest/game of honor. ;-) Walter, I still need to send you a picture of me so you can all maul my head, don't I?

Hey, propos and kudos to my peeps who helped out at my moving sale this weekend--go read about your glory here!

Anonymous said...

Will be there at 7:30pm. Ish. Like. Sorta.

Soapy