Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I guess this is later

I turned out to get busier than I thought I would yesterday, so I apologize for the somewhat pro forma post yesterday. Here's the world-wide-calvalcade of news:

The BBQ in LFP:
The RSVPs are coming in - get your email in today! I'd like to send out the directions to everybody at once. It's this Saturday, from 1:00 pm to whenever. Let us know!

The Great Brit Move: Jon-brit and I picked up his 24-foot U-Haul at 7:00 am Monday. He and I and Otis (with "help" from Jon's two sons, 5 and 7) then worked steadily until 5:00 pm moving the contents of a four-bedroom house from Vancouver, WA to the Salem, OR area. It was an amusing day: my muscles really got a workout, we did a great job of packing the truck and doing that visio-spatial skills thing, I remembered how much fun it is to drive a big truck, we drove in convoy with three vehicles down to the Willamette Valley, and we got to watch Jon try to fit everything into a three-bedroom apartment (where he is until his new house is finished). And we got to see Chloe, when we dumped delivered some of the stuff at her place. On the way back, Otis and I had some truly horrible teriyaki (never, never eat at a Samurai Sam's). All in all, a great day, even if it did rain most of the time.

The job thing: In a validation of the principle of non-emuneration of poultry during the period of egg incubation, NSCC is no-go. I did get a very nice personal letter from my old boss, for what that is worth, and I think it's a bit. I went up to B-ham yesterday afternoon to do the interview thing at WCC, and it went well; still no word either way from OC; and, of course, HCC is still waiting in August and SCCC is out in the aether somewhere.

Knitting the net: here's a blog post from Ned from a while ago. And here's a news article I just saw via FARK. (Why a trend in London makes the newspaper in Fort Wayne, I don't know.) I just wanted to point out a benefit of this blog community: you get news of meaningless popular culture developments almost three weeks ahead of the general public! That's worth something, innit?

Off for a long ride on the B-G today, me hopes!

3 comments:

John said...

http://www.puzzle.jp/letsplay/play_sudoku-e.html

This is a nice link to Sudoku puzzles and strategy guides... hint: DO the "keys to solving" tutorial before trying to solve one.

Ned said...

Su doku "meaningless"? The deuce, you say!

Ned said...

My Su doku strategy hint: be methodical, write all possibilities in squares (in pencil if you like), think laterally.