Sunday, June 19, 2005

Church of the LDL

What a beautiful morning to begin a new regimen. The lipoprotein issues recently raised by my doctor (reinforcing my thought once again that you are fine until you go in for a visit) have been sufficient to get me back in the bike saddle after the weather/broken toe/inertia-induced hiatus. So while it was sunny and quiet, Otis and I slid down the hill to Fremont (breezy!) and then went out the Burke-Gilman towards the lake (easy!) until we got to an arbitrary point that looked like the place to turn around. We came back to Stone Way and gamely made our way up the hill to Bunnyville near Green Lake and Aurora (kneesy-squeezy!). We did not attempt to ride up the side of the ridge (queasy!). I think I could have done that in 1992, My Best Year for Biking, but certainly not now. Anyway, a nice 14-mile ride.

Here's a couple of bonus pictures from Di of the Solstice Security Officer. (Cropping and any poor composition all mine.) Click for biggie goodness:




Send along any additional photos of the parade and I'll post 'em.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does anyone have any snapshots of 'Well-hung magenta guy on bicyle'?....No reason, just wondering.....never mind....