Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Tailings...

Di has graciously posted links to some photo albums of the latest Soltice Parade in the comments, and herewith I graciously move them to the front page:


Hours of enjoyment, including Melvin's "Well-hung magenta guy on bicyle," in there.

Speaking of the parade, an old pal and longtime Fremontian offered this assessment:
I have to say though, either I'm getting crankier or the parade is getting seedier, but it seemed like there were a lot of exhibitionists enjoying being seen naked, and there was a bit too much sauntering slowly down the street to keep me amused. I liked it better when the cops were chasing a couple of naked guys on Stingrays.
I, too, thought there was a lot of "look-I'm-naked-ain't-it-cool" but not in any seedy way. I just wanted more music!


More biking of the not-naked kind is on the agenda today, even if the weather has gone back to normal after Monday's summer swelter and yesterday's summer storms. I would like to bike 1000 miles this season (arbitrarily set from April's Fools Day to my birthday - pretty good bookends, eh?). After a slow start (96.8 miles so far), I have 103 days left and need to to 8.8 miles per day. Sounds right in line with LDL Church guidelines. Expect more PB&J announcements soon!

I've been really good at this skipping laundry business, but I think today might be the day...

1 comment:

Ned said...

Why did I never know about naked bikers all painted up before? Is so cool I will be sure to attend religiously ;-) upon my return to the good ole U S of A.

However, not sure anybody really needs to see 200+ of someone else's pictures. Did enjoy the ones I looked at, though.