Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Gimme a break

The Solstice In-Blog-Vitation is two posts down.
Just some odds and ends today:

I found out yesterday that I will indeed be teaching at Cascadia over the summer. Since their schedule and that of Edmonds CC are offset, I won't get any real break; my philosophy class has a final on Friday, and Cascadia will start up on Monday (well, Tuesday for me). Not that I am complaining or anything: I'm only working part-time, after all. (I am also going to be teaching a class at Antioch, but their summer doesn't start until July 5th.)

Otis has been a massagin' fool the past few days and has tons more coming up. I am going to get a headset phone and start doing David Spade's sarcastic receptionist schtick, or perhaps a take on Marcia Wallace's classic Carol Kester.

In honor of all the people I know with insomnia, chronic or current, I thought I would post this clip. Mad props to anyone who can identify the source.

Since it is a Jewish holiday, I had a chance to have breakfast with Di. We were two of the few people awake on Capitol Hill, I think. (And I'm not sure about Di - see above.)

Is anyone having trouble seeing the sidebar to the right, there? There should be a long panel with a picture of me, and other pictures a little less goofy, and some links, and archives and stuff? I think some browsers are not seeing all of it.

Speaking of sidebars, Wheylona comes from behind in bloggish goodness with her totally cool San Sebastian time/temp blinker. Now if Johnbai or Jon or Ned or I do it, we'll just be copycats.

2 comments:

John said...

I also (now on two different computers) have been unable to see the side bar with the links and the profile.

Anonymous said...

As you are aware, the sidebar is missing on my machine as well. And BTW, your site does not today recognize me as a blogger.

Diane