Monday, June 06, 2005

Great day in the morning!

It's amazing what a difference a few miles can make. I got up this morning and it was sunny warm. I drove to Edmonds to teach and it was cloudy and cold! I followed the traffic back down Aurora to Phinney and here I am in summertime again. I'll take it where I can get it.

Yesterday I got it in Fremont: Otis, Wheylona, and I passed a pleasant afternoon doing our respective teachery and/or consultanty work in Caffe Ladro and Mad Pizza (consecutively, not concurrently). One of my favorite aspects of this teaching stuff is the work environment: classrooms sometimes and anywhere else the rest of the time. They were playing really good tunes at Mad, so there were times it was hard to work with O & W busting moves in the booth to Prince.

The blog has been text-heavy for too long, so here are some pix from the Spokane trip. Click for enlargement goodness:


Otis, hanging with Mr. Davenport


Walaka, where all the cool kids go

Anyone up for a movie Friday? maybe Look at Me or Millions at the Crest, if they are still there?

1 comment:

John said...

Both films are excellent. Millions is more "entertaining" while Look at Me is more subtle and haunting... This is not to suggest that Millions is fluff. Both are very well acted, and the audio/visual production are superb in both. Unfortunately I won't be joining you as I've seen them already, but I highly recommend to anyone else. Last note: The main kid in Millions couldn't possibly be any goddamn cuter. He makes Maculay Culkin (sp?) look like a pile of puke.