Friday, June 03, 2005

Mad pixies!

Monday Night is Bowling Night in Seattle!

In honor of the birthday of one-a-da-gang Soapy (see here or here to place the face) there will be a Ballard Bowlarama on Monday June 6th. Here's the lowdown in Soapy's own inimitable and (inestimable) prose:

Greetings All! While I haven't organized a birthday party since 1989, I figure turning 30 (or "twenty-ten" as Drew Barrymore lamented in "Fever Pitch") warrants some kind of get-together. I can think of no better birthday activity ... than paintball!!!

However, since I don't want to get shot up on my birthday and limp around with quarter-sized welts on my arms and legs, I'm going with the #2 birthday activity ... of bowling!!! Bigger balls, less physical contact, but just as many white things with red necks ricocheting around like mad pixies. Yes sir, bowling pins and paintball players - separated at birth?

If anyone's free next Monday, June 6th, and wouldn't mind tossing a few in the gutter, let me know. Sunset Lanes seems to be nearest to everyone. I'm off work at 7pm. Tell your friends, and some of your enemies. Because your enemies could turn out to be my new best friends, and then I can give you the inside scoop on their plans and whereabouts.

So, all the cool kids are going to be there - that would be you, too, right? See you Monday!

Oh, and I am sure Johnbai would have blogged this, but since he has just moved and is still waiting for the cable guy, he is offline, out of touch, and, I am sure, out of sorts.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SOAPY!