Sunday, June 12, 2005

Solstice In-Blog-Vitation

Okay, it's time for the official invitation to the


Solstice Parade Day
Morning Get-Together
and Group Walk 'n' Watch


Date: Saturday, June 18, 2005
Times:
  • Get-together 9:30 am - 11:15 am
  • Walk: 11:15 am - 11:45 am
  • Watch: 12:00 noon - 1:30 pm

Here's the deal: C'mon up to our place for morning mimosas, Kona coffee, and anything exotic-ish that we can rustle up or you feel like bringing. We will then all walk the mile or so down the hill on Fremont Avenue to get a spot from which to watch the Fremont Solstice Parade. After the parade, we can, jointly or severally, hang out to enjoy the Fremont Fair, or wander over to Gasworks Park, or just head back up the hill for more fun.

Click on comments to leave your RSVP. If you need more info, drop me an email.

See you at solstice!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be there, camera in hand.

Diane

Anonymous said...

Josh and I will be there.

If anyone is looking for some fun later that afternoon, there is a reading of a section of Joyce's Bloomsday at the UW at 4pm. I hear Joyce is much more accessible if you hear and see his work.

Anonymous said...

I would absolutly love to be there for the fun, but alas next weekend is the last weekend before my sister leaves to move back to NY, and I will be spending every last minute with her, then I will most likely take to my bed and cry my little eyes out (very old movie star like)

Have fun, and Diane naked pictures of the male bike riders please, thank you.

Alexandra

Walaka said...

Alex, bring your sister to the parade, and you both can enjoy the naked male bike riders together, live, as a sisterly bonding kinda thing.

wheylona said...

Dang it, I'll miss this Solstice thing yet again. Fortunately, however, I did have naked bikers riding past my house this past Saturday so I feel less sad about missing out.

::: BONUS! :::
For even more fun after you've had your fill of naked bikers, please come to our moving sale to buy a little something off us so we can add a bit more to our moving fund!! Or come just to say hi even if you're not in the mood to buy our junk. ;-)

It'll be at Mercer Villa Apartments, on the NW corner of Mercer and 14th Ave. E. on Cap. Hill from 11am to 6pm.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am sooo there...and I will be bringing a couple of friends!

Vic
(or Vince if you like)

Anonymous said...

I'll be there with some "wow, those are truly horrible" shoes on. And maybe some raw bacon, assuming I don't eat it all on the way there.

Soapy

Anonymous said...

alas alas, would love to be there but am working sat and sunday at the book place. have fun y'all!

jen

Anonymous said...

I won't be able to make it early enough for breakfast, but a friend and I would love to walk down and enjoy the parade with the gang.

Moria

Walaka said...

Moria, great to hear from you! You - and anyone else - can certainly show up anytime before we begin the walk down. See you soon!