Sunday, October 01, 2006

This is what a weekend feels like

Well, I had thought that I got stuff done yesterday, but I guess it wasn't as much as I thought it was, since I had plenty to do today. I thought for sure that there was some schoolwork getting done in between the chores and errands and getting ready for the screening, but it seems not; and yet, neither was there any bike-riding going on. Odd how that can happen.

After doing whatever it was that took up so much of the day, we had a nice spectration in the evening. Pre-spectration activities included my cutting Dingo's hair, Johnbai and I not-fixing the banister, and Otis making like the hostess-with-neurosis and fixing all kinds of yummy foodstuffs for everyone. J-Force came early with wine but no whining, and JagGirl was no later than usual and laden with soy. Zatoichi was just as much fun the second time around (and was actually a first for half the audience).

The night didn't go so late that I wasn't up b&e checking the job world as usual (and getting the usual lack of results). I started my work early, too, but it was interrupted for a long, lazy sojourn with Farmer Scott and Yojimbo; to mark Scott's birthday, we had a big brunch, wandered the arboretum, and hung out here catching up and setting right all the ills of the world. There's a special kind of contentment that comes with conversing with people whom you've known for twenty years or more and whose insights, opinions, and expressions you respect and enjoy. Good times indeed.

Of course, that six-hour idyll had its price; I just finished my assessing and prepping a few minutes ago. Tomorrow will be a bear of a day: all five classes, all three schools, all in one day.

I think I need a bigger backpack.

No comments: