Saturday, October 21, 2006

Gettin' crackin'

Okay, so last night's spectration was totally cool. Stella was the first to arrive, as usual, and she was joined promptly by Dingo (feeling a little under the weather but in good spirits) and Johnbai; MaryBee and J-Force rounded out our little audience. Otis provided tea and popcorn for all and sundry, and the movie (Dear Frankie) was heartwarming and wonderful. Selkie even made an appearance! Although various elements dropped out over the course of the post-film conversation, the evening really didn't end until well after midnight. Good stuff, Maynard!

Of course, that means that I am up and groggy and the keyboard, getting ready to hack at my do-list for the weekend. I think it's time to give up the pretense that I will ever get all my school work done between Monday and Friday and admit that I don't work five eight-hour days: I work seven five- or six-hour days. Plus a long day on Monday. Aaarghh - let's not get started on this again.

No comments: