Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Good times!



So, as of this moment, I am caught up on all my work. It was a little easier this week, because one of my Monday classes didn't have its usual assignment, but I'll take 'em where I can get 'em.

And I'm still basking in the Good Times from Librapalooza on Saturday night. Here's a little photo album; my camera was pooping out, so there's not much.

I have to send out mad props to Sachet and O, for providing, respectively, the venue (and all the hostly things that come with that) and the catering. The apartment was warm (!) and inviting and comfortable and great; the food was out-of-this-world. If O doesn't make a big splash in the Seattle culinary scene soon, it means this town doesn't have any taste. Stuff so good I don't even now what it was: lentil salads and sweet potato pastry and stuffed mushrooms and a cake and a cake frosting that she made from real stuff, like ginger, right there in front of us. As my buddy Royce Bemis in Charlotte, NC would say, them was some mighty fine groceries.

And Johnbai pulled out all the stops to attempt to embarrass and humiliate honor and celebrate me. The guests had all generously brought cool and funky T-shirts from Value Village or Goodwill, dozens of them, and they were mine, all mine! Except... I had to defend my ownership of them in contests of wit and skill against any challengers who desired any of the shirts. Up they came and down they went, as I sweated through trivia questions and staring contests and limbo dancing and card counting and god knows what-all else; it's all a blur now. I managed to overcome all assaults on Mount T-Shirt, except for a pebble-snatching contest against a Soapy Action Figure with dragon-hands action. Of course, most of the t-shirts got distributed out anyway, but it sure was a stressful fun way to spend a birthday party! Thanks, Johnbai!

Speaking of Johnbai, the next Good Times item is my fixing the broken banister is the hallway. The big man, if you recall, did the deed; he provided some super-mollies for the repair job, and tonight it was the work of mere moments to get the railing back up on the wall. Now, I wonder if I need to paint it yellow and black to make sure he doesn't lean on it again...

And now for the last Good Times: Here's another little movie for y'all, although I thought of Soapy first when I saw it. Three things to remember before you click:
Have your volume set, because the music is really pretty.
Let the movie load fully before it plays (or watch on a T1 connection); it's a big file, and you don't want this one to stall in the middle.
And remember that it's all real: no CGI.

1 comment:

"Yojimbo_5" said...

Yeah. One of my favorites from last year. Never saw the extended cut, which has a lot of sublime moments.

BUT...my favorite ad of last year was this one for obvious reasons:
http://84.40.3.164/

And then there was this one for sheer oafishness:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AcIHPJH8iY