Sunday, October 08, 2006

I misunderestimated

Man, that four hours of assessing I had to do today sure seemed to take a lot longer than that.

Today was another tethered day: as of 4:30 pm today, I hadn't been further away from the hosue than the mailbox since we got back from the movies Friday night. I broke my hermitage by going out for dinner with Otis, Grace, and the Putnams for some mediocre Chinese food.

We had a little cat-excitement tonight: Selkie brought a mouse home. It was still alive, held firmly but gently in his little fangs. I chased Otis upstairs and the cat outside and let nature take its course. Final score: Mouse 1, Cat 0 (the rodent got away).

Tomorrow is the looong day. See y'all around.

2 comments:

John said...

I can't remember the last time I had Chinese food that wasn't mediocre. Does Thai food just kick Chinese food's ass? Or am I burnt out? Or has Americanized Chinese food just watered itself down so much that it's become a characterless lump of fried rice.

wheylona said...

And I can personally vouch that Swedish-Chinese and Spanish-Chinese are even worse than the American-Chinese. Dingo's right, you have to go to the Chinese places where the Chinese go. You may get some weird stuff, but it'll be much closer to authentic than the hybrid-Chinese places. And in case anybody's keeping score, in my book the Swedish-Chinese was the absolute worst--everything fried and served with sweet and sour sauce. That's it.