Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I will be good... tomorrow

So, according to my self-imposed schedule, I am supposed to do about forty papers on Tuesdays (and 25 on Thursdays and fifty on Fridays). How many have I done so far? Well, as the saying goes, when I do this one and one more, I'll have done two.

No matter - like Rimmer in Red Dwarf (the movelization), I respond to this being-behindness not by working hard, but by revising the schedule. Twenty-five on Wednesday (usually an off-day), forty on Thursday, fifty on Friday, and Bob's you uncle, we're back in business.

Of course, it remains to be seen whether I'll stick to that schedule, or I'll have to re-do it again. Whatever. Today was a nice day of rain and naps and fussing around, and I regret not one second of it.

Linkblogging

Johnbai whines a lot but then actually has a good idea at the end. Anybody up for a group version of this action? If we pool our resources, maybe we can pull off something seriously cool.

JustJon: no deck news for over two weeks! What up, dude?

Nedra is having a party and we're not there. Sometimes oceans suck. And continents can be a pain, too.

What does it say about me that I'd like to look at a painted forest more than a virgin wood? Thanks, Wheylona!

I fixed some code on The Healing Nest so it's subscribable now, but I still can't get the recent comments hack to work.

Wow, Jimbo sure writes a lot.

Something from the Green bin: treehugger, and attempt to combine eco-friendly with hip and stylin'. Does it work? You be the judge.

I know it's in German, but it's beautiful. Just click through the numbers and you'll dig the conceit.

I don;t know how I missed this two months ago, but Madman Moskowitz died. If any of you have ever listened to his programs, you know what a loss this is to local radio - to radio in general, even.

A totally cool picture.

5 comments:

wheylona said...

Yay, I've just successfully subscribed to the Healing Nest! Gracias.

"Yojimbo_5" said...

Moskowitz was the best....back in my radio days, I'd always be checking the radio listings (when there WERE radio listings) in the Sunday paper to see when and if he was on. Was always amazed that he could gravitate from one station to the next despite format. When I was doing research on Whidbey Island radio stations (job research) after the move, I found Moskowitz was at KSER. It was like finding an old friend from college.

Write? A lot? Call it a brain/history dump." I'm off-loading old thoughts, so I don't have to think them any more, and so I can acquire new ones.

I also need to find out Jonbai's secrets for widening blogs.

John said...

Jimbo,
To widen your blog... get into the editable HTML template. Click somewhere in the actual html text... Then hit control+"f" to open a search querry. Then tell it to search for the term "400". Chances are you'll find the width (listed in pixels) of your main column. Change it to 450 and save changes and republish the blog (it ought to prompt you to do this after you save changes.) Now look and see if it worked. Switch it back if it didn't work and look for another instance of the number 400.

"Yojimbo_5" said...

"Ask and you shall recieve..."

Isn't the blogosphere wonderful?

And: as an added bonus--another blog hijacked!

Anonymous said...

Do-gooders: You might be interested in this group: http://kiva.org