Sunday, October 22, 2006

Zena should be on

Back in the day, when I was living in Vancouver, Zena was on Sundays nights. It was the perfect way to actually call an end to the weekend and let go of the days off and precious free time, before sliding into sleep that knits the ravelled sleeve of care and waking up to another Manic Monday, and stop me before I allude again.

Anyway, it's all just about wrapped up now: papers assessed, lessons planned, photocopies primed. It's too late to start another project or go out and too early to go to bed. Time to read and relax, or something like that.

It turned out to be a beautiful day today, so in addition to working, Otis and I took a turn around Green Lake in the sun. There were some chores as well this weekend, and meals to be had at home and away, and a grandma to visit, and a client in the house, too; just a textbook weekend for some working folk.

See you Tuesday.

1 comment:

Ned said...

Lakes green and otherwise, oh how I miss them!