Monday, October 08, 2007

Surfing in place

It's a quiet night on the ol' homestead. Otis was watching a documentary upstairs but has come downstairs for some old Superman episodes. We thought the dishwasher wasn't working, so I did a whole load the old-fashioned way, and then we managed to get it going - it's humming along now and seems to be working normally.

We spent much of the evening over at 3PB/R. I was trying to research some stuff (for projects yet unmentioned here) and managed to generate a non-zero but essentially negligible amount of data. Sometimes the internets tell you too much, sometimes they don't tell you enough.

Maybe I was just tired. It was a pretty high wattage day in class. I need to figure out some way to drive my lessons forward besides force of personality - it can take a lot out of me. Luckily, Otis made a yummy couscous soup for dinner that was highly restorative.

This should be a "normal" week (no birthdays or quarter starts), so I'll get a better idea of how my workload and schedule will play out. I should say no my-birthdays; two others are fast approaching, although Otis and I will be in Spokane and unable to join the celebratory festivities in person.

Still no pix or movies. Pfui.

No comments: