Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Here came the rain again

What is up with this? Yesterday the sun comes out and we get within one degree of the record high temperature for the date, and today I'm getting soggy sneakers and chilly legs because it's so wet and cold. Oh, yeah - we're in Seattle.

So, after a day of teaching high school community college English, I let Otis have the house for some evening appointments and went out ramblin' around straight from campus. I stopped by Zanadu in the U-district and found some pretty cool comics, and then grabbed a burrito at Chipotle's for a quick dinner before heading up to Cap Hill. I had sent out the Walaka-signal to Johnbai, Dingo, and J-Force, but J-Force had her break too early and Johnbai didn't call back until too late, so it was just Dingo and me up at Victrola, watching the rain, drinking coffee, and munching biscotti. We each brought stuff to do, but wound up just chatting the evening away instead - and we even had a surprise run-in with Sylvio (on his way to volleyball, of course).

The next two days are light, class-wise, but look like they are going to be chock-full, both responding-wise and meeting-wise, so looks like I am going to be busy, work-wise. I'm still trying to keep my evenings and weekends free; I think I've been 75% successful.

Now, for our out-of-town audience, here's what Seattle in the rain looks like from the window seat of a coffee shop (the best place to view it from):

No comments: