Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Flash

I don't know yet what to do with these fifteen or so minutes I have at this time of the day. I’m done with all my morning business – I’m all showered and shaved and my bookbag is packed – but if I leave now I will be early for the bus. I could leave in a few minutes and catch a different, earlier bus, but that’s the one that makes me stand in Lake City for a half-hour waiting for a transfer. So I wait an additional ten minutes, walk an additional ten minutes, and get to school a few minutes earlier. Go figure.

So that leaves this now-ten minutes or so to just dink around. In a way, it’s cool – anything that’s not a rush is cool, right? Maybe I’ll come up with some little ritual that fits right in here and sets my day off well. Maybe I’ll do my juggling practice now. Or maybe I’ll blog.

That might work, since it seems harder to find free time these days. Classes, meetings, responding, prep – what is up with this? I am teaching leas than I have the prior two fall quarters, yet I feel busier. Neepers. Maybe I should just take this time as a gift and not worry about it at all.

No comments: