Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Half-a-century, Part three: the day itself

Yojimbo's tribute on the heels of Jon's.

E-cards from the few at work that I let know.

Lunch with Stella (her treat): a walk, soup, quiche, and reinventing education from the ground up, all in forty-five minutes.



Dinner at Perche'No with Otis, complete with complimentary sgroppino.


The drinks are made with lemon gelato, prosecca (sparkling wine), and vodka.

Home for chillaxin' and suchlike.

Phone messages from friends and family.

Totally. Cool.


Actual conversation with the hostess as we were being seated tonight:

Otis: It's his birthday.
Hostess: Oh, how old are you?
Me: Fifty.
Hostess: No! Really?
Me: Yep.
Hostess: (looking at Otis) How old are you?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Walter! Happy Birthday! Your gal has inspired me to throw Eric a surprise birthday party. He also turns 50 this year. It looks like you've got a fun community up there, but I can't help wishing you were closer.

Anonymous said...

TFF!

Cards from friends- $2.50-$4 each
Question from hostess- priceless!

Ned said...

Hey,

Glad you had a good day. Looks like I got a bit ahead of myself and then forgot on the actual day. Not even the time difference can be worked in my favor.

Gotta cold and my Internets connection is all dodgy, and that's my excuse and I do plan on sticking to it under any duress or suchwhat.

Besos to your 50-year-old self!

dduham: how stupid you gotta be to forget a birthday in this day and age of electronic reminders and deelybobs

"Yojimbo_5" said...

See, now, Otis' perfect reply would have been:

Otis (sharing a secret): I'm his daughter...

John said...

Hey, cool teeshirt