Thursday, October 11, 2007

It's Tully-time

Another day of class and academic meetings, a prelude to a weekend academic conference. What else do I expect in the academy, eh?

Since we'll be gone for most of the weekend, we had a delightful dinner last night to acknowledge and celebrate the next two Octoberites: Dingo and Johnbai. We carpooled to a new discovery of Johnbai's, the In the Bowl Vegetarian Noodle Bistro, a hole-in-the-wall Thai place on west Cap Hill. We had a longish wait for a table, since the place is so small, but the food was great and the atmosphere warm, and we lingered over spicy concoctions (with baby stars for the weak) and thoughtful conversation for a good long time. Happy birthday!

Today began very early, as Otis had to rise for a pre-dawn airport run to drop off her brother & co., and I got up with her (since it was not really all that much earlier than I usually get up). I did some housework and turned out that I was wrong about the dishwasher working fine: it does indeed once again get the dishes wet; it's just not getting them at all clean. I'll dink with it a bit more before I give up.

Lots more stuff simmering in my head than is coming out here. Maybe the drive to the east side will clarify some things.

No comments: