Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Current Distractions

Follow-up to Monday: The raccoon did come back. This time, Otis shooed it away, and Selkie went after it. I intercepted him and avoided a Selko-Raccish war. Mountie watched it all with little interest.

Tuesday: Y'all know there ain't no Tuesdays on this blog.

Today: I went downtown between morning and evening classes, to run some errands (including dropping off applications for the last three of the eleven teaching positions I am shooting for). It had been a long time since I was downtown; it actually seemed less crowded than I thought it would be. I was not 100% successful in my missions, but I did make it home in time for a leisurely lunch.

Tonight: I got some work done, but mostly got distracted by household stuff. I did manage to fix the toilet paper dispenser in the master bathroom, using one of the mollies that Johnbai had bought to effect repairs after the Great Banister Disaster.

Anti-intellectualism? I found it odd that I received these two links separately but almost simultaneously: a review of a book by a Paris University professor on how to fake having read a book and an article about the decline of the American college education.

Snow day? Man, who knows anymore. The north end did look pretty bad today, at least according to the news; we'll see what Bothell does tomorrow.

No comments: