Thursday, February 01, 2007

Missed a day

I almost made it through the first month of the year with a post every day, but last night stopped my streak. The gap was caused by the most delightful of reasons: J-Force stopped by after a long day at the library and spent a good portion of the evening with Otis and me in front of the fireplace, drinking tea, catching up, checking chakras, and suchlike. It certainly made for a warm night, in several ways.

Besides that, life has been pretty much work around here. Otis is still plowing through a stack of papers as tall as she is, and the workload from my classes hasn't quite started to let up. I'm still trying to get all my job app ducks in a row; I sent a resume in to the county for a community communications positions (writing and editing); it would be working for The Man but he'd pay very well. I'll need to make a big push on the teaching apps this weekend. I'm getting my letters of reference in order and I think there's now nine positions to apply for (if I include Bellevue). When it rains, it pours!

We've been pausing a lot in our work to think about spring break and hope we can work out going somewhere sunny and warm for a bit. We'll see.

No comments: