Monday, February 26, 2007

Interruptions

So, yesterday I worked almost all day, blah, blah, blah, until Otis and I went to Third Place books to get some school stuff and grab a bite, and then went grocery shopping. We sorta skipped the Oscars, just watching a few minutes here and there, and a little of the Barbara Walters thing afterwards.

Today, I taught in the morning, stayed at school to do some responding, and then came home and got a wee bit of work done, but Otis and I took the shank of the afternoon to walk/run around Green Lake. It was glorious! When we got home, I planned to get settled right into work again, but I got a surprise phone call from my great and good friend of 30 years plus, Liam. Recognizing that the members of our old crowd are all turning 50 this year, Liam wants to have some sort of reunion or joint party. So, we talked of that and other things for quite a bit, until I had no time to do any work before dinner.

After dinner (veggie dogs!), I settled in and made some headway on prep, and Otis left for her book club. While working, I heard the distinctive clink of the cat food dish outside, and something told me it was not a sound that had been made in the usual course of cat-business. I went outside and there, as bold as brass, was a raccoon, stealing Mountie's food. Mountie was just siting on his box watching it. The raccoon skittered a ways down the fence when I came out, but didn't leave the area until I came at it aggressive-like. Selkie showed up after the raccoon had left, but something had got his blood up, and he started whaling on Mountie, so I had to separate them. I hate to see what Selkie would do to or with a raccoon. I guess it's time to start bringing the food in at sundown.

Anyway, that little adventure knocked me off my stride once again. I was about to settle in to filling out applications when I realized I had to tend to the laundry, so I headed upstairs.

I figured that since I seem to be in the midst of an eruption of interruptions, I might as well post to my blog, too.

And so I have.

1 comment:

Walaka said...

The blogger website, she is not working right now....